Monday 17 January 2011

Vote Suit

In an unlikely but undeniably arousing turn of events, the beautiful, witty, intelligent and sexually athletic people at skymovies.com (who I have always preferred to the hideously disfigured inbred deviants at totalfilm.com) have shortlisted The Incredible Suit for their Blog Of The Year competition, in the 'One Man Band' category. I understand it may come as a shock that such a monstrously entertaining cascade of movie magic could be the work of one solitary mortal human, but what can I say? I'm amazing.

Now comes the unseemly but inevitable part where I politely request that you pop over to this Facebook page and click 'Like' underneath where it says The Incredible Suit. There are other, perfectly acceptable blogs on the shortlist, but they've probably also been shortlisted for another, less prestigious award, so why not let them fight over that one while Johnny One-Nom over here finally gets the recognition he so richly deserves?

And if it's bribes you're after, if I win the 3D TV that's first prize, you can all come round and watch Avatar one night. When I'm not in.

7 comments :

  1. I took great pleasure in voting for TIS and as I did so noticed that you are leading the pack.

    You are the best movie blog I have ever read. The best informed with the most varied comments. The best to navigate. The best to search. The best saturday playlists.

    In fact TIS is the only blog I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you were doing so well. Thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send my bribe of 1 x Cookie to my personal address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're currently winning by miles. I don't know if it's fair to vote when I've never even heard of the other blogs, but I voted anyway. I've been reading you for a while, and even though you're sometimes wrong, sometimes you're right, and either way you're always entertaining. (Though I don't know why the hell you'd want a 3D TV. What a stupid idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear Lord it actually is to win a 3D TV?! I thought this was another classic TIS joke. Oh well, just hope that if you win it you won't be turned into a yakking gibbering 3D wreck. Actually, I probably do - it'd be excellent TIS blog fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously the 3D TV is not my primary reason for soliciting votes. My primary reason is so that I no longer have to type the word "future" when I describe the blog as "future award-winning". It'll save so much time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But will you keep the "I won some 3D TV award in 2011 so I'm really cool" sign on the blog until 2016 when it's no longer relevant? y'know, like when real ale companies cling on to the past by saying Gold Award Winner 2003...just makes me think they're still serving old beer. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete