Monday 3 January 2011

The Top 10 Movies Of 2011

Now that 2010 is mercifully behind us and everyone has bored everyone else to tears with infinite lists of varying unimportance, I thought I may as well get in early with my favourite films of 2011.

Now obviously I haven't seen any of these yet, so it's a largely unjustified - not to mention pointless - list, but I firmly believe this is exactly what my favourite films of the year will be come the end of December. If I'm wrong you are all welcome to write a lengthy comment about what a waste of time this post is, although if you're going to do that you may as well say the same about all the other posts and that would be an even bigger waste of time, only yours rather than mine. OH THE IRONY.

And before you go any further I would just like to briefly apologise on behalf of various film studios for not having any official title designs for certain films, rendering this post even more amateur than it already was.

1
Opens August 19th

2
Opens April 22nd

3
Opens April 8th

4
Opens September 16th

5
Opens June 2nd

6
Opens March 11th

7
Opens August 12th

8
Opens July 15th

9
Opens March 18th

10
Opens December 26th

Hmm. It occurs to me that I really am the definitive Empire magazine reader. Anyway, was I right? Come back in twelve months and find out! Or, you know, come back every day. That would be better.

10 comments :

  1. X-Men First Class? Brilliant. I hope that is the poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, the submarine is the only I couldn't figure out. Little help anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you right about Inception. Not so much Hot Tub Time Machine. Which wasn't cast iron after all. More aluminium.

    http://theincrediblesuit.blogspot.com/2010/01/big-pair-of-funbags-with-cherries-on.html

    Sadly, I'm lacking excitement about any of these films. Thor, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey. I should've edited that post as the year went on.

    Cam, I'm laughing very hard at you right now you silly sausage. And so is everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TIS must mean 'The Girl Who Played With Fire'. The dragon tattoo was exposed in cinemas in 2010.

    Postlethwaite was once described by the film director Steven Spielberg as "probably the best actor in the world today".

    It is sadly no longer true. I salute Postlethwaite. His cameo appearances in films, like Dr. Brandt in 'The Constant Gardner' always enhanced them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alas Tony, I'm referring to the impending David Fincher remake. Hence Little Rooney Mara and Little Daniel Craig. And The Girl Who Played With Fire and its wretched threequel The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Or Possibly Hornets' Nest have been and gone. If you missed them, you had a lucky escape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lookng forward to all of those too especially Super 8, Source Code and Attack the Block (mainly due to old Cornballs of course!). Whose making Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? I've not read about that anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Cam, I had to use this
    http://www.imdb.com/calendar/?region=gb

    It's called Submarine, and directed by Richard Ayoade
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440292/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Er... Where's The Impossible? That's going to be the best movie of 2011 even if it comes out right at the end of the year...

    ReplyDelete