Saturday 15 January 2011

Saturday Playlist #17: The Songs Of Edgar Wright

This week's Saturday Playlist is another bunch of actual songs with words, which I know seems like a weird concept but it's for those poor people who don't necessarily get on with film scores, the sad, deluded freaks.

Anyway, as we all know, Edgar Wright has made some good films and whatnot, and despite spectacularly failing to appear on The Incredible Suit in interviewee form, I thought I'd air a few of the songs he's used over the years to soundtrack his ludicrously enjoyable product.
So (prepare yourself for tedious and inappropriate references), move into a flat with a stranger you're unavoidably attracted to, get red on you, watch Point Break and Bad Boys II and buy a prohibitively expensive Rickenbacker bass despite being a twentysomething slacker, as you...

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO
SATURDAY PLAYLIST #17:
THE SONGS OF EDGAR WRIGHT

5 comments :

  1. Count Five Or Six features Stephen Hawking as lead vocal, S'il Vous Plait has a smoke alarm backing track, The Specials are not special and deserve a Ghost Town audience. I can hardly believe anyone would want a Part 1 Souljacker never mind the idea of a Part 2. The Scott Pilgrim tracks have put me off seeing the movie. Queen 'Don't Stop Me Now' was 3mins 30secs that I liked from the 43mins on offer. TIS worst ever playlist. I note that all tracks are one day old choices. I am guessing that some have been heard by TIS for the first time as the playlist was made. (Not counting their use in the movies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I should have put some Wagner in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard Wagner is unstoppable. His music appears in films every year. In 2010 'Unstoppable' had to use 'The Ride Of The Valkeries' as did 'Jackass 3D'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct. I adore music. Music has the power to reduce me to a tearful blubbing wreck such as 'Tristan und Isolde' or it can excite me to ecstasy such as I heard red bull and vodka fuelled at Manumission in Ibiza with the rib rattling cleanest loudest sound systems on earth.

    ReplyDelete