Friday 5 March 2010

The Cineworld Enfield Incident: An Update

Those of you who remember my recent terrible experience at Cineworld Enfield will be pleased to know that following a strongly-worded email of complaint I now have two shiny complimentary tickets to a film of my choice, which means I can look forward to watching the top half of a film for free.

Obviously as the tickets were a gesture of goodwill, they have a sell-by date of June 10th. Goodwill must be a perishable item at Cineworld.


To comment on this post, click here

5 comments :

  1. I also find that taking a few moments to drop a complaint here and there is the fastest way into getting free stuff or good deals. I recently complained about the qaulity of service and proice of my cable and internet and priced a competator and they took 20% off my bill every month. Funny how they do that the moment someone speaks up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed in an hotel which was fine in every way so I cheekily complained that the news headlines on the TV in my room were depressing. I thought my remark might amuse someone. Instead I received a long standard letter from head office regretting that I had a complaint and that the matter was taken very seriously etc. It made me realise that nobody had read my comments but were geared to simply sending a soothing letter and then doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're phasing it out when you won't notice- look at what's coming out in June 2010. Not much at all! It's like they crammed everything on either side this year, in May and July...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned up to see The White Ribbon at Cineworld Sheffield only to be curtly informed that it wasn't playing at 7pm but rather 7am, when the place wasn't even open. Three snotty emails later and a voucher for £15 landed on my doormat, which I spent on Maltesers and Revels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that £15 didn't cover two bags of sweets.

    ReplyDelete