Thursday 12 August 2010

One Of The 15 Greatest Films Ever Made In The History Of Ever Is Being Re-Released



This is a message to all parents of children between about 8 and 17: If your kids haven't seen Back To The Future and you don't take them to see it when it's re-released in cinemas on October 1st, I will report all of your asses to social services. YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE PARENTS.

In the meantime, here's some old stuff I wrote about a perfect film with a perfect cast and a brilliant script and a flawless plot and amazing music and more charm, wit and fun than anything that's been released this year.

As the trailer clumsily points out: "It's about time... you saw... Back To The Future... Back To The Future!" A film so good they named it twice.

Unfortunately they let the work experience kid loose on the poster, and this is what he puked up in between making tea:


I can't wait to see a film about half a teenager inexplicably floating above a tiny car which is such an iconic vehicle in the history of the cinema that I'm only allowed to see the back of it.

Seriously, what's wrong with this?


NOTHING.

To comment on this post, click here

12 comments :

  1. Except you can't see the Delorean in that one either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually quite like this new poster. It's pretty shiny. Yeah, I agree they could have shown more of the Delorean, but like the previous commented said, they didn't get that right on the first poster either! Don't even get me started on the fire trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is two and my daughter 9 months, they can both come along. Just need a re-release of Ghostbusters now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a perfect parent and your children will never forget your act of kindness. Well your daughter might.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be doing quite the opposite, it'll be me taking my folks along for their first showing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to take my mum to see this, that won't be awkward at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Incredible Suit is hiding a big secret. It is made from the enveloping material of the tarn cap used by Siegfried in Wagner's Ring operas. It can render the wearer invisible. The Incredible Suit has been a stowaway in the Tardis, DeLorean, The Time Machine and has his own page in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (H2G2).

    Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will take my 8 year old self to see it along with my 88 year old self.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done the right thing by my kids and shown them the entire BTTF trilogy, Ghostbusters 1, The Princess Bride, The Goonies, and Superman.

    I should get some kind of free childcare award or something for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EVERYBODY GIVE YOUR KIDS TO PHIL NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, my kids can go to Phil. They wake up too early anyway.

    ReplyDelete