Tuesday 31 August 2010

Misleading Poster Of The Week


I feel it's my duty to point out to anyone going to see Mesrine (just released in the US) on the strength of this poster that it's not a French comedy about a grumpy bloke forced to go on a road trip by his wife. They don't have any farcical encounters that result in hilarious consequences and at no point does Monsieur Jacques find himself addressing a gathering of old ladies dressed only in his boxer shorts and sock suspenders.

Good job one of us has actually seen the film.

To comment on this post, click here

3 comments :

  1. If Vincent Cassel and Cecile de France are being sold as France's version of Bonnie & Clyde, that illusion would not last long for anyone seeing the movie which is much darker than B&C. There is an hilarious burglary early on but it is all tense drama after that. Meserine can charm the ladies, think fast and is the equal of any other screen fighter. He is an astonishing vile villain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, to put it another way, a beautiful bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Parts 1 & 2 on my LoveFilm rental list, I'm guessing you liked them?

    L'appartment is also a goodie, but I don't know why I'm telling you this as you probably know already. ;D

    ReplyDelete