Friday 12 August 2011

Empire Presents *Caps Lock* BIG SCREEN *Caps Lock*

This weekend sees Empire magazine's wildly ambitious and possibly insane BIG SCREEN event taking place at London's O2, the venue formerly known as the set from the pre-title sequence of The World Is Not Enough.

I've no idea what it's going to be like but from what I can remember of the press launch (there was quite a lot of free champagne) there will be somewhere in the region of 14.2 billion separate events occurring over the next three days. Basically if you've ever seen a film, there will be something there for you.

If you're not going to be there then I hope to God you're interested in what goes on, because I'm about to spend the whole weekend banging on about it here and on Twitter, and possibly even on Facebook if I can remember my password. I've got a new phone just for the occasion so that the quality of photojournalism is slightly higher than it was for my press launch post. The phone was quite expensive but I asked Empire's news editor Chris Hewitt if he'd foot the bill and he said "absolutely no chance and how did you get my number?", so fingers crossed!

If you are going to be there, then whatever you do clear a space in your schedule for these two events:
Because, as improbable as it may sound, I'll be on both panels attempting to dodge a series of difficult questions and, quite possibly, a barrage of rotten vegetables.

So see you there and then, unless I don't, in which case see you some other time and place, or not at all. I'm a busy man you know, I can't just pop round for tea can I?

3 comments :

  1. So the Incredible Suit is now teaching others his craft. The Incredible Gown.

    When not signing autographs The Incredible Suit will find himself in trailer heaven and surrounded by surrounded by surrounded by surrounded by competing surroundsound systems 1001 point hell.

    Peripheral Ephemeral Tangential Inconsequential.

    Just go to a cinema and see the films I sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's marvellous how you can be so crushingly self deprecating whilst at the same time being impossibly self important. You've turned it into an art form, albeit a bit of a rubbishy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies. I never intended to be self deprecating.

    ReplyDelete