Friday 24 June 2011

The Incredible Suit Is...

Yep, it's the second birthday of your favourite movie blog, unless you prefer one of the others. This time last year I celebrated by holding a sickeningly egotistical poll to find out your favourite post from Year One, then followed it up with a LITERALLY INTERESTING interview with Joe Cornish while he was still shooting Attack The Block, which I don't think I shall ever tire of plugging.

This year, now that I'm older and more mature, I'm not bothering with anything like that. I can tell you straight away what the best post from the last 365 days is: it's this one. And I haven't got any groundbreaking interviews for you either; Daniel Craig's solicitors have put the kibosh on that, thanks very much.

Still, if you want to celebrate by buying me the ten-foot tall Timothy Dalton painting from that shop in Crouch End that Empire were on about earlier this week, feel free. In the meantime, I'm off to the Cinema Ritrovato festival in Bologna this weekend, so expect a lot of stuff in my Twitter feed about spaghetti bolognese.

Hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya.

4 comments :

  1. Wow, Bologna is showing 17 Howard Hawks films which include some of the all time best films ever. Will they be dubbed into Italian? That turns almost any film into a comedy.
    Anyway, celebrate your second birthday in the beautiful City of Bologna. Will you really want to sit in a cinema while there is so much natural and architectural beauty to enjoy?
    Oh, by the way, spaghetti ain't what the Bolognese eat with their famous ragu sauce. It is tagliatelle or lasagne, so don't show yourself up in a restaurant by asking for spag bog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh......it only seems like this time last year that I was reading your best blogpost ever..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will The Incredible Dhoti be attending LIFF 2011 - The London Indian Film Festival (30 June - 12 July)? www.londonindianfilmfestival.co.uk

    ReplyDelete