Saturday 23 October 2010

Saturday Playlist #10: The Greatest '80s Movie Songs, Like, Ever

So I decided it was time to do a playlist of songs rather than scores because some people can't cope with music that doesn't have people speaking in a rhythmic and melodic fashion all over it. As it turns out I had more fun compiling this list than any other, and at one point I actually put on some fluorescent socks (odd, obv), leg warmers and a gilet and body-popped myself around the house.
The 1980s were not only an amazing decade for films but they were far and away the best decade for film songs. I struggle to think of anything from '90s or '00s movies that's as good as anything on this playlist, but maybe that's because I'm an '80s kid.

Frustratingly, a few songs I wanted to include aren't on Spotify, so as a bonus track and an incentive to those of you who haven't downloaded Spotify yet (IT'S FREE), here's something to get you in the mood:

George Harrison - "Dream Away" (From Time Bandits)


For more "classic" "tunes", strap on your deelyboppers, pour a Babycham and raise a glass to Corey Haim as you...

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO
SATURDAY PLAYLIST #10:
THE GREATEST '80s
MOVIE SONGS, LIKE, EVER

3 comments :

  1. I've enjoyed listening to those tracks again...but where is Kenny Loggins?! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's in there, Track 9, Danger Zone from Top Gun. Unless you're asking where he is literally and geographically, in which case I can't help, sorry. He's not here, I can tell you that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops of course he is...just testing...he was the leader of the pack in 80s movie songs!
    Now I gotta cut loose, Footloose....

    ReplyDelete