Friday 25 July 2014

A review of a banana

Not this banana. That would be ridiculous.

While pimping my groundbreaking review of a bench on Twitter earlier this week and reflecting on my own pathetic obsession with James Bond, I facetiously tweeted that:
As soon as I clicked "Tweet", I wondered if anyone out there would be mentally deranged enough to actually take the time to draw a picture of James Bond on a banana. Obviously I was desperate for someone to, so I could flog another blog post out of the dead horse of my own ramblings, but deep in my heart of hearts I knew that nobody is that crackers.

Then this happened.

At something of a loss to describe my feelings about this quite extraordinary turn of events, I checked out banana artist (banartist?) Nathaniel Rogers online, and it turns out that he isn't as dangerously ill as is suggested by the fact that he drew a picture of a fictional character on some fruit then photographed it and sent it to me. In fact he runs an excellent film blog called The Film Experience, which I subsequently spent quite some time reading.

So thanks to Nathaniel for introducing me to his site via a frankly baffling drawing, for which I am also grateful, in a way. Here is my review of your picture of James Bond on a banana:



No, sorry, I can't do it. I can't review fruit art. I don't know what's happening with the world but I know I need to pull myself back from the brink before things get out of hand. Please excuse me while I get some fresh air and sunshine.

4 comments :

  1. It's only a matter of time before you're sent a Tony Cox Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do it for you:
    "Mr. Rogers offers an appealing look at the world's most famous secret agent".

    (I really should stop now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't review fruit art? Are you a man or a mouse? You no doubt feared a potential banana skin (see what I did there?). I think the best way to tackle fruit art and the reviewing of same is via the medium of Top Trumps:

    Whites of eyes: 99%
    Budgie smugglers: 100%
    Same skin tone as Homer Simpson: 98%
    Part of your five a day: 100%
    Sustainability: 0%

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think his nose looks a bit like a banana!

    ReplyDelete